Wednesday 27 January 2016


MIGHT 

created by Amos Ben-Tal
Stadstheater Arnhem, Saturday 12 December 2015

Might - expressing theoretical possibility.  (Collins Dictionary)
This definition of “Might”, which is also the title of the performance, describes precisely what Amos Ben-Tal, choreographer and member of OFFprojects, is trying to show us. The Possibilities of a dance performance.
When we enter the theater we expect to get drawn into another world. We want to be separated from the outside world and to connect to what we see. In MIGHT I felt like in an action movie in 3D, I was hypnotized by all the dancers, the smart movements in space and the fact that the choreography was using the audience as part of the architecture of the space.
Already in the beginning Ben-Tal creates the feeling that we are getting into an unusual performance. We were separated into four groups and during the performance we traveled in space. What we saw in front of us were – the dancers, light, moving walls and the rest of the audience. These common four elements in this combination created something that I have never seen before.




The fact that there are so many things on stage that you cannot see makes you question and test yourself all the time:
Which kind of person am I when there are things that I cannot get? 
Am I going with my destiny with full trust? 
Am I jealous? 
Do I think that what the other gets is better than what I get? 
Those questions, that I found myself asking during the performance and later on, made me think about the beauty of art. Art which makes you think about how to look on life, about your choices and about what leads you.
Ben-Tal provides the audience with an individual experience. This is the reason why I want to see this performance a few more times since I know that every time will be different than the one before.  

You should go to see MIGHT at least one time.
 
FOR SURE you are going to enjoy and challenge yourself.




Choreography and music: Amos Ben-Tal
Dancers: Amos Ben-Tal, Aurélie Cayla, Lana Čoporda, Yvan Dubreuil, Genevieve Osborne, Connor Schumacher, Milena Twiehaus
Première: 13 februari 2015, CaDance Festival, Theater aan het Spui, Den Haag 
More about Amos Ben- Tal: http://www.korzo.nl/en/node/654

References
Collins Dictionary. Online Dictionary. <http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/might>.





Written by: Kahani Shani

No comments:

Post a Comment